Alpha Ori Singapore Internship programme is designed to offer students an opportunity to learn about cutting-edge technologies in the maritime industry.Based at our Center-of-Innovation, the interns will join our team of professions, comprising of technologist, data scientists, and maritime domain experts to jointly build technology solutions to usher shipping industry into the digital era.
Alpha Ori is working with predictive analytics and uses tools like data science, BigDATA, and sensible algorithms to arrive at solutions for the maritime domain. We are looking for logical thinkers to bring their unique perspective to the challenges we are currently working on.
- Design and run machine learning experiments, including designing and building necessary infrastructure, tools, and libraries on the cloud
- Reporting and analysis of experimental results
- Working with Software Engineers and other Research Engineers on the deployment of machine learning models for live experiments
- Knowledgeable in statistics, linear algebra, optimization, and operations research
- Should be comfortable with learning/experimenting/implementing deep learning networks/genetic algorithms
- Currently pursuing or have a Degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering with exposure to machine learning
- Able to understand/code in C/C++/Java and experienced in at least one scripting language such as R, Python or Matlab and a desire to learn new programming languages
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization
- Good knowledge of algorithm design
- Contributions to open source projects
- Interest in neuroscience
- Passion for AI
- Dabbled with GPU programming
- Good understanding of multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing